Meritxell Sanctuary

The oldest building is a church that dates back to 1658, erected over a Roman building whose sole visible element is the base of the apse and the western wall. In 1972, a fire destroyed the building, together with the image of the patron of Andorra, Our Lady of Meritxell, and four retables. In response to this tragedy, the architecture workshop of Ricardo Bofill was commissioned to design the new sanctuary, which was inaugurated in 1976. Recently, the old sanctuary has been restored, which holds the commemorative exhibit entitled “Meritxell, in memory.”

Hours Open to the Public: Wednesdays to Mondays, 9:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m..
Closed Tuesdays.
Guided tours during the months of July and August.
Admission is free.

Nikolaï Siadristy Microminiatures Museum

Nikolaï Siadristy, considered the world’s best microminiaturist, after having exhibited his works in more than 80 countries, has chosen our small country as the permanent home for his Microminiatures.

Hours Open to the Public:
Tuesdays to Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
Sundays 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Closed Mondays.

Scale Models Museum

The Scale Models Museum of Andorra was created by the Unió ProTurisme (Tourism Promotion Association) of Escaldes – Engordany. There, the principal and most famous monuments of the Principality are recreated to scale.
Presently, the museum has one-of-a-kind reproductions, most of which were created by artist Josep Colomé and, following his death in 1995, his son Josep Colomé. The work of both these artists is marked by painstaking detail. The materials used are principally wood and stone, taken from the same place where the originals are located. This gives the models a more realist tone, approximating the originals.

Hours Open to the Public:
July and August: open every day from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Rest of the year: Mondays, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Tuesdays to Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Closed all day on Sundays. Closed Monday mornings.
Admission is free.

Russian Dolls Museum

250 m² Museum with two audiovisual presentations: one on dolls and their construction, the other on the history of women, their status, the role they have played, and progress in winning their rights. Currently, the museum has 300 Russian “matrioshka” (nesting) dolls.

Hours Open to the Public:
Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sundays: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m..
Closed Mondays.

Sant Jordi Iconographic Museum

200 m² Museum that presents orthodox religious audiovisual presentations, with 200 volumes of documentation (library) and some one hundred icons representing the artistic expression of Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, and Byzantine religious orthodox art from the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth century

Hours Open to the Public:
Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
Sundays: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m..
Closed Mondays.

Postal Museum

This museum introduces the visitor to the world of the postage with an audiovisual presentation, followed by a tour on the postal history of Andorra. For true enthusiasts, the entire collection of Andorran stamps is displayed, starting with 1928. There are also exhibitions on how the stamps are developed and printed, and several philatelic curiosities.
Free or guided tours, with a prior reservation.

Hours Open to the Public:
Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m..
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Closed Mondays.

Casa Rull Museum

Casa Rull of Sispony was one of the richest houses of the parish of La Massana and, therefore, embodies the concept of family, estate, and the fundamental elements of traditional Andorran social organization.
The main body of the building of Casa Rull is from the seventeenth century. Later, a remodeling took place that basically involved the floor and the opening of new windows, the construction of a balcony, and the removal of the principal facade. At an undetermined time in the nineteenth century, the house caught fire. The reconstruction principally involved the attic, which was changed from four-sided to two-sided.

Free or guided tours.
Hours Open to the Public:
Tuesdays to Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m..
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Closed Mondays.

National Automobile Museum

The National Automobile Museum takes you on a trip through modern history, while extensively exploring the history of the motor vehicle.
Visitors have a unique opportunity to travel through time and admire a magnificent collection of vehicles from 1889 to 1950 that they are sure to find most fascinating.
The museum’s collections include some one hundred cars, approximately fifty motorcycles and more than a hundred bicycles, as well as an intriguing display of scale models, trophies, engines, and other automobile accessories.

Hours Open to the Public:
Mornings, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and afternoons, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Closed Mondays.
Guided tours.

Casa Areny Plandolit

This museum is the traditional home of the Areny and Plandolit families. It developed from a stately building commenced in 1613, though the majority of its structures were constructed starting in 1633. This building was acquired in 1972 by the Consell General (Andorran Parliament), which restored it and turned it into a museum. There, one can see a great variety of objects and furnishings of several different styles. The interior decorations transport us back to the family’s eras of splendor. The home’s layout is characteristic of Andorran constructions and those of their Pyrenees neighbors.
The Areny and Plandolit were a wealthy family that controlled part of the Andorran metallurgy industries that developed between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries. Among the most prominent members of this family, one could mention Don Guillem d’Areny i Plandolit, the baron of Senaller i Gramenet, who was one of the promoters of the Nova Reforma (New Political Reform) of 1866.

Hours Open to the Public:
Mornings, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and afternoons, 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Closed Mondays.
Guided tours.

Casa de la Vall

In the year 1419, an interparish organization was established, which was the embryo of the Consell de la Terra (“Land Council”) later renamed Consell General de les Valls d’Andorra (“General Council of the Valleys of Andorra,” which is the Andorran Parliament).
Casa de la Vall houses the Consell General and also houses part of the judiciary system. The building is emblematic given its historic significance. It was built in 1580 and belonged to the Busquets family. In the year 1702, it was acquired by the Consell General.
In 1962 the building underwent a major restoration. The exterior mortar finish was eliminated and a new porthole window was installed, symmetrical to the original one. The building’s interior displays certain works of art of great interest, outstanding among which are the sixteenth century murals of the Sala dels Passos Perduts (“Hall of the Lost Steps”), reminiscent of courtroom tapestries, as well as two retables from the seventeenth century. Among the government facilities one could visit in this building, of note are the Courtroom, the Hall of the Consell General, the Sala dels Passos Perduts and the kitchen.

Hours Open to the Public:
Mornings, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and afternoons, 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Guided tours.
Admission is free.

Viladomat Museum

The Viladomat Museum contains a very complete collection of the works and history of the incomparable Catalonian sculptor Josep Viladomat, who resided for many years in Escaldes – Engordany.
The works of this artist are scattered throughout the world, especially in Europe and the Americas.
For now, the museum contains 140 sculptures of this great artist and person, born in Manlleu (Catalonia) in 1899. His works will increase in value with time.

Hours Open to the Public:
Mornings, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and afternoons, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m..
Closed Sundays.